Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Will work for work...

With the present state of the economy, I figured now would be as good a time as any to put a little plug in here for myself and more specifically, my work ethic.

About a year ago I was hired by Market America to act as sound editor at their annual convention in Miami, Florida. I got flown done there, put up in a swanky hotel and paid a decent sum to run through hours of audio and cut out anything objectionable (crowd applause, questionable comments, etc.). Then all the audio had to be converted and uploaded to Market America's website by the end of the day.

It was a race against time and distractions were plentiful. The Miami sun, NFL Champion with the Philadelphia Eagles Dennis Franks, yacht parties galore and appearances by J. Lo, Marc Anthony and some younger version of Shakira all tempted to distract me from the task at hand.

But not even when supermodel-turned-fashion designer Kimora showed up did I turn from my computer screen. Now that's dedication! Don't believe me? Check this image out from her TV show, 'Life in the Fab Lane'.


If it's on TV it must be true. Hire me!

No comments: