Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Now and forever...

Last April, Ron Tanner, a writer from Baltimore contacted me (through Facebook of all things) to work on a 'short' film based on a 'short' story he had written.

As usual, the 6 minute read through ballooned in to a 10 minute, traditionally animated project. For those reading who don't understand how this happened, try reading a paragraph straight-through, no intonation, no pausing for effect, etc. Then read again as if you were actually telling someone a story. Where'd that extra 30sec. come from?


But, my complaints on actually having to do work aside, I really like the way it's turning out and figured I should share some of the boards.



Ron wanted a loose line for the characters. It's not very apparent in the drawings here, but will definitely be applied when moving into animation.

Speaking of, once animation gets seriously underway, if any of you out there are or know of students looking for credit, let me know. I'll be the first to admit I've bitten more than I can chew and would love an extra set of hands.

No comments: