Monday, October 5, 2009

Day-Tripper Part II

Instead of going into why I haven't been keeping up with my blog or promising endlessly to never let it happen again, let's just jump right back in to it, okay?

So two weeks ago I posted a image heavy blog about my trip down to Philadelphia. I seem to recall promising a 'Part II' so, without further adieu...


Two days after my trip down south, I hopped a quick and rather pleasant flight to Boston. Richard at Asterisk had called me up the week before, starting the conversation with the unexpected question "Can you fly to Boston for a stop-motion shoot next Thursday?" The answer was an obvious 'Yes'.


He may not know this, but I've been eager to work with Asterisk for a while now. I like the type of work they do, the caliber at which it's produced and Richard and Brian know how run a fun while efficient studio.


Not to mention the fact that I was being flown. To Boston. To shoot stop-motion.

And while it did fall in the middle (the Thursday shoot turned into a Wednesday shoot) of a rather tumultuous week, it was wonderful being hired to do the kind of animation I love to do, the type of animation that made me want to take on this whole tiring profession in the first place.

To see the finished (but still rough) animation, head on over to Asterisk's blog.

No comments: