Friday, January 22, 2010

MOMA

Took my second tour ever of the MOMA yesterday (last time was for a Chuck Close exhibit). My brother David was in town and invited me out to see the Tim Burton exhibition. I'll save my thoughts on that for a future post. For now, let's just enjoy some art.



Rauschenberg, a personal favorite. It's in the textures and the way the frame transforms everyday objects and vice-versa.


View of a blonde bombshell from Rauschenberg's bed.


More mix of the dimensions. Not as interesting as ol' Robert's, but fun to photograph.


These boys seemed particularly taken with Lichenstein. For some reason, I was amused enough to take a picture of it.


One of my favorite Picasso pieces. I guess I'm a sculptor at heart. One of the other six reproductions is in Philadelphia, where I first saw it.


Stern looking gentleman.


Last time I was here (for a film screening, not a tour) they were setting this fellow up. View from above remains the most impressive.

Next time, my musings on Tim Burton, Batman and Elliot Cowan.

1 comment:

Elliot Cowan said...

"Next time, my musings on Tim Burton, Batman and Elliot Cowan."

Where's the Elliot Cowan bit?
I hope it's dirt.
He's a right prick.