Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pre-history...

Elliot Cowan's blog last week reminded me of this great mural in Philadelphia and one that sadly, gets overlooked day after day.

Painted on the side of a hospital, right across the alley from the old townhouse I lived in during college, the mural (which I don't think is even technically a mural) was of a rather retarded looking dinosaur carrying a Chinese Take-Out box. I say was because I was almost positive it would have been painted over or removed by now.


A recent weekend trip to the city, however, confirmed that it is not only still there (unfortunately hidden from view by the bush on Google Maps), but thriving! With the help of a fresh coat of paint, the T-Rex now sports a leather jacket and mohawk. At least, I think it was a mohawk. By the time we got there it was pretty dark and almost impossible for me to take a picture of it.


Instead, you'll have to settle for an artist's recreation (at least till my next trip to Philly). I swear it really looks like that! I even have an eye-witness to corroborate my story.

On a slightly related topic, I came across this last night in Google Image Search.


It's of this exhibition going on now at the Natural History Museum. I need to see this! Who wants to go with me?!

No comments: