Monday, September 28, 2009

20,000K

As you might have noticed, I took last week off. Between switching jobs (more about that later), catching flights (again, more about that later), stitching socks (you get the idea), etc... I decided it'd be best to ignore my obligations here for a few days, give or take a little.


But, I'm back and to start the week off nice and easy, how about some pictures of Japan? Specifically, Tokyo Disney Sea.

Japan boasts the only Disney Sea Park in the world, but don't get too excited. It's basically MGM Studios complete with Tower of Terror and Indiana Jones. But wait, what's that?


That's right. Nestled between Aladdin's Arabian Coast and Ariel's Mermaid Lagoon sits Jules Verne's Mysterious Island complete with -


'Journey to the Center of the Earth' and -


'20,000 Leagues Under the Sea'!

The later is fairly lame. The nostalgia was not lost on me, though, remembering back to the first time my family and I visited Florida's Disney World when it still housed a 20,000 Leagues ride.


Unfortunately, this version trades the (slightly lame) sea dragons for some (really lame) sea aliens. Not to mention the very non-Nautilus looking pods...


I seem to remember a squid at least, but I'm not too sure about that...

No comments: