Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Counting the cars on the NJ Turnpike...

This past weekend brought with it the longest drive I've ever endured. Sure, my family and I drove to Florida when I was little, but all I had to worry about then was what cassette to pop in my Fisher Price tape player next. Needless to say, I'm still exhausted and the top of my right foot is surprisingly sore.

That being said, it was an absolutely wonderful weekend, with some of the most enjoyable parts actually taking place while driving. Sunny skies, torrential down pours, fields of wind turbines, rainbows, sunrises, sunsets and giant electrical storms contained in clouds that looked like a whale coming to swallow the road up (kinda like this)...

Looking back at the pictures now, the one thing that stands out is how colorful the trip was.


Pinks and reds.


Reds and whites.


Whites and greens.


Oranges and yellows.


Yellows and purples.


And to top it all off, just as we were leaving Guelph, homeward bound, we came across these.


There are few things I enjoy more than dilapidated life-size dinosaur statues... one being the strawberry-rhubarb-crisp pancakes I had for brunch Saturday. Another, this picture Jenny took of me at the wedding...

No comments: